Analytics Engineer - Consultant
Lenstra was created by the passion of engineers specialised in Computer Science with a proven history in delivering top quality solutions to its customers. Bringing together work excellence and vision we managed to serve top tier clients from a variety of industry domains like Banking/Insurance, Luxury and Tech.
We help our clients to solve their most difficult problems around Cloud Computing & DevOps, Data Platform, IT Security by having a holistic approach of their environment and building often complex but always relevant solutions to help them accelerate their business.
Our engineering team is committed to great ethics and most of our teammates are core contributors to OpenSource projects such as CPython, Postgres or Terraform.
About the role
Lenstra is currently helping multiple major companies (> 3 B$ revenue) setting up their self service Data Platforms. Our scope of work encompasses developing the Data Platform product vision taking into account our client’s strategic goals and existing technological environment, and then implementing the Data Platform including its deep integration with our client’s IT, security and legal requirements.
In this context we are looking for passionate Analytics Engineers to join our teams (freelancers welcome), to help:
- advocate Analytics Engineering to communities that use the Data Platforms we deploy.
- design and build new features on these Data Platforms
You will have the opportunity to work on a state-of-the-art stack which includes tools such as GitHub actions, dbt, Terraform and various new open-source players such as Elementary and Dagster.
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for Analytics Engineering and are excited to spread this passion to large teams, this is a great opportunity for you.
Remote ok, monthly meetings in Paris 2-3 days each month.
- Collaborate with technical teams to establish Analytics engineers best practices
- Work with Analytics Engineering teams to collect their requirements and propose new features to implement in the Data Platform to answer them
- Work with our clients’ teams to address their business challenges, define successful analytics outcomes and develop data models to address them.
- Collaborate with data scientists, data consultants, and other analytics team members to define the scope and requirements of analytical projects.
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies and tools in analytics engineering and contribute to the growth of Lenstra’s analytics capabilities.
Skills needed for the role
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in data engineering, analytics engineering, or a related field.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work on complex and ambiguous problems.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work effectively.
- Strong knowledge in SQL
- Strong experience with dbt or dataform
- Experience with data modelling, ELT processes, and data warehousing.
- Programming skills in Python
- Familiarity with data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or similar.
Please send at least your up-to-date resume at [email protected] with subject including
Analytics Engineer - Consultant
Our recruitment process consists in 4 interviews:
- 1 introductory call with the recruiter
- 1 technical interview with our CTO
- 1 behavioural interview with one of the partners
- 1 final discussion with the client