Cloud Engineer - Consulting
Lenstra was created by the passion of engineers specialised in Computer Science with a proven history in delivering top quality solutions to its customers. Bringing together work excellence and vision we managed to serve top tier clients from a variety of industry domains like Banking/Insurance, Luxury and Tech.
We help our clients to solve their most difficult problems around Cloud Computing & DevOps, Data Platform, IT Security by having a holistic approach of their environment and building often complex but always relevant solutions to help them accelerate their business.
Our engineering team is committed to great ethics and most of our teammates are core contributors to OpenSource projects such as CPython, Postgres or Terraform.
About the role
We are currently seeking a talented AWS Cloud Engineer Consultant to join our team for a major insurance company. The successful candidates will:
- Participate building a Data Science platform (VM provisioning, Dataset accesses, Feature Store, Model Registy, etc.);
- Be accountable for infrastructure management, monitoring practices, disaster recovery exercises, etc.;
- Provide technical expertise and guidance on AWS throughout the entire project lifecycle;
- Analyse and optimise cloud infrastructure to improve performance, security, and cost-efficiency;
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for cloud-related issues;
- Develop and maintain documentation for cloud infrastructure, processes, and best practices;
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in cloud technologies and share knowledge with the team.
What you can expect
- Flexibility to join as a full-time employee or a freelancer;
- A multi-disciplinary team working on an exciting projects for one of our major clients;
- Mostly use Python & Terraform, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continuous improvement;
- Get trainings and certification programs, especially expert training on the HashiCorp suite;
- Attend to engineering events (e.g. AWS Summit, Pycon or HashiConf);
- Attractive benefits like:
- a competitive salary for permanent contracts (from 50k€ for juniors, and depending on experience);
- full healthcare coverage, or an an attractive ADR for freelancers;
- yearly holiday allowance;
- 30 holiday days per year;
- extra days off for resting;
- pension plan;
- private healthcare reimbursed at 100%;
- work from home essentials reimbursement;
- commuting subscription reimbursed at 100%.
This job is based in the center of Paris, with 3 possible days of remote work.
You may be a good addition for our team if
- You are committed to precision;
- You have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with a focus on customer success;
- You have very good written and oral communication skills in English and French would be a plus;
- You are fluent in Python;
- You are comfortable with infrastructure-as-code ;
- You are able to remain humble during a code review and you're not afraid to start all over and learn;
- You have a good general knowledge in Computer Science;
- You are familiar with Cloud Computing and have a good knowledge on one of the big providers (AWS, GCP or Azure).
Good to have:
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field;
- Strong knowledge of cloud services, architectures, and best practices;
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure-as-code tools, especially Terraform;
- Experience with containerisation and orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes;
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and CI/CD pipelines;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
We strive to hire people from different backgrounds and levels, so recent graduates may be welcome too.
Please send at least your up-to-date resume at [email protected] with subject including
Cloud Engineer - Consulting
Our recruitment process consists in 4 interviews:
- 1 introductory call with the recruiter
- 1 technical interview with our CTO
- 1 behavioural interview with one of the partners
- 1 final discussion with the client