Data Engineer - Consultant
Lenstra was created by the passion of engineers specialised in Computer Science with a proven history in delivering top quality solutions to its customers. Bringing together work excellence and vision we managed to serve top tier clients from a variety of industry domains like Banking/Insurance, Luxury and Tech.
We help our clients to solve their most difficult problems around Cloud Computing & DevOps, Data Platform, IT Security by having a holistic approach of their environment and building often complex but always relevant solutions to help them accelerate their business.
Our engineering team is committed to great ethics and most of our teammates are core contributors to OpenSource projects such as CPython, Postgres or Terraform.
About the role
Lenstra is currently helping multiple major companies (> 3 B$ revenue) setting up their self service Data Platforms. Our scope of work encompasses developing the Data Platform product vision taking into account our client’s strategic goals and existing technological environment, and then implementing the Data Platform including its deep integration with our client’s IT, security and legal requirements.
In this context we are looking for passionate Data Engineers to join our teams (freelancers welcome), to help put in place self service tools for data practitioners working on our platforms. The scope of work includes providing as a service, data ingestions tools, orchestration tools and data transformation engines.
You will have the opportunity to work on a state-of-the-art stack which includes tools such as GitHub actions, dbt, Terraform & Vault and various new open-source players such as Dagster.
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for Data Engineering and are excited to build tools used by large teams, this is a great opportunity for you.
Remote ok, monthly meetings in Paris 2-3 days each month.
- Design platform features that facilitate the creation and maintenance of data pipelines, from data ingestion to BI/Advanced analytics services.
- Implement these features using Infrastructure as Code (IaC), ensuring quality through state-of-the-art Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- Collaborate with analytics engineering teams, data science teams, and data consultants to gather requirements and propose new features to meet their needs.
- Collaborate with clients' IT teams, legal teams, and security teams to ensure that our platforms comply with their requirements.
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies and tools in data engineering, and contribute to the growth of Lenstra's analytics capabilities.
Skills needed for the role
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in data engineering, analytics engineering, or a related field.
- Comfortable with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools like Terraform for managing cloud resources.
- Experience deploying and managing data pipelines, data models, and other data applications in cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Familiarity with security best practices and tools like Vault for secrets management, encryption, and key management.
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines and tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, or GitLab to automate building, testing, and deploying data applications.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like Prometheus and Grafana to monitor the health and performance of data pipelines and systems, and set up alerts when issues occur.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work on complex and ambiguous problems.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work effectively.
- Experience with dbt or dataform.
- Strong skills in Python.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or similar.
Please send at least your up-to-date resume at [email protected] with subject including
Data Engineer - Consultant
Our recruitment process consists in 4 interviews:
- 1 introductory call with the recruiter
- 1 technical interview with our CTO
- 1 behavioural interview with one of the partners
- 1 final discussion with the client